Church Suite is fairly intuitive. You can probably figure this out without following these instructions. But if you are the type of person who likes to have it all laid out for you - here are the step by step guides to help you make the most of your rotas in My Church Suite.
Logging onto My Church Suite
You should have received an invitation (via email) to My Church Suite. Please click on the link in the email to set up an account. If you haven't registered for an account you can do so in the Church Suite card on fbcnext.com
How to see when you are serving on a rota
- Log on to mychurchsuite using the details you set up when you activated your account.
- Click 'My Rotas' from the menu bar on the left hand side.
Now you can see the upcoming dates that you are serving on a team (Next Serving); the dates you have blocked off as unavailable to serve (Unavailability) and all the rotas for the teams in which you serve (Rotas)
You can add these dates into your Google or iCal diary by clicking the iCal or Google links. It will automatically add any future dates into your diary for any rota on which you volunteer.
Not all of the rotas are set up yet on Church Suite, but they will be soon.
How to set dates that you are unavailable
- From within the 'My Rotas' screen, click the button that says '+ Unavailability'
- Set the dates that you are unavailable.
If you are part of a Sunday morning team that has set teams (Week A, B, C & D) and you are unavailable for one of the weeks that your team is serving, we ask you to organise a swap with another member of the team.
How to swap a serving date with someone else on the team
If you are scheduled to serve on a date that you can no longer do, we ask that you try to organise a swap with another team member. Church Suite makes this a much simpler process than before.
- In the 'My Rotas' screen, click on the rota that you want to organise a swap.
- You can now see the entire rota and when other people are serving.
- Click 'Members'. This gives you a list of the other team members and their contact details. It will only show the contact details in accordance with the privacy settings for that individual. By default, none of your contact details will be visible to people at FBC.
- Contact the specific member to see if they are happy to swap with you. If you want to email the entire team to ask if someone can swap, click the email button in the top right hand corner of the rota screen to send an email. Each rota has a custom email address that sends emails to the entire team without divulging anyone's personal email address.
- Once you have arranged your swap you need to enter it into the system:
* Find the date you want to swap and click the 3 buttons next to your name.
* Click 'Organise Swap'.
* Select the person you are swapping with and the return date that you are covering in their place. If no return swap is organised, select 'No Return Swap'.
* Click 'Save Changes'.
That's it. The system will send an email to you; the person you have swapped with and the person(s) coordinating the rota.