Praying for Leaders
2 Timothy 2 v. 1- 4
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.”
Lord Jesus, we acknowledge you as the perfect leader of the church, worldwide and locally.
Thank you that you are holy & righteous in all your ways and full of grace and truth.
Lord, we bring before you all those who are leaders, wherever they are. We thank you for them - those who lead our nation, our local authorities, the NHS and our church. We pray that you will give each one of them strength to lead us through the current pandemic, wisdom to make right decisions and a real desire to do your will.
An update from Jim (Trustee) for our Leaders
THANK God for...
- A government and leaders who care about our country.
- NHS leaders who have faced this challenge with such professionalism.
- Everyone in education who is working so hard to keep our children engaged and learning.
- Our FBC leaders who are passionate about helping us and others to find and follow Jesus.
- Wisdom as the government and NHS plan and make decisions about the next phase of what to do in the UK. For decisions to be made transparently and that will bring our nation together.
- Good health whilst working long hours, with refreshing times of rest & sleep and good family times. Perseverance & stamina to keep going.
- Wisdom for our teachers, working in new ways, as they set work and try to keep connected with their students. Wisdom to know when to ease off the pressure.
- Peace and protection for those who need to go to work, whilst staying in contact with vulnerable family members.
- Leaders in countries with little or struggling infrastructure, having to make difficult choices for their nations.
- Encouragement for all who lead. A growing dependence on God for wisdom & provision. For more godly leaders in our country.
PRAY for our FBC family…
- Wisdom, guidance and power from the Holy Spirit for our leaders at FBC as they make decisions for the life and mission of the church.
- Good relationships between leaders, integrity and the ability to lead in this new situation with humility and grace.
- Technology and practical things to work well.
And for ourselves...
- To know how best to support and encourage those God has gifted with leadership abilities - in FBC & the nation.
- Pray that we can daily receive God’s love, so that it can shine through us in all we do and that we will be witnesses to His goodness and mercy.