Praying for Families, Children and Youth
Matt 19 v. 13-15
“Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.”
2 Peter 3 v. 18
”But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.”
Lord Jesus, you showed us what it is like to be part of your family.
Thank you that by believing in you, we can become children of God.
Lord Jesus we bring to you in prayer all the little children and young people we know asking you to place your hands on them and bless them. We pray for all children and their parents, everywhere. Protect them from harm; give them your peace in these confusing times and an awareness of you with them, as the Friend they will never be separated from. In this difficult season of their lives may they grow in grace and knowledge of you Lord.
An update from Louise and Charity, for our children, families and youth
THANK God for….
- All those working tirelessly to ensure families and children are cared for in the best possible way.
- All the technology that allows families and young people to stay connected.
- The opportunity that it gives parents and children to engage with faith together in their home.
- Relationships within the house. Particularly those that were struggling before or facing additional challenges, unemployment, domestic violence, broken relationships, mental health concerns, children with additional needs. Families and young people struggling with finances, basic needs, or used to free school meals.
- Those having babies (particularly first) for the uncertainty around a much anticipated and dreamed of event. And being able to manage well without the expected help from their wider family.
- Parents having to be educators and struggling to find ways to motivate their children. Or those feeling isolated (particularly single parents), or without their own access to communication.
- Comfort for the bereaved, and peace for those concerned for family or friends.
- Children and families around the world who were facing tough lives before COVID-19 and who now have additional strains.
- Children, young people and parents to know God is close even when we go through difficult times.
PRAY for our FBC family...
- That we maintain and develop relationships with families, children and young people that attend both our Sunday and midweek groups, and provide good, helpful resources that will aid families to connect and engage with their faith.
- For peace at this time of uncertainty. A lot of our young people had exams coming up or were at an important time in their education.
- For wisdom when this season ends how to reconnect with people, and make the most of the chance to take stock and evaluate what we do.
And for ourselves...
- Pray for wisdom and enthusiasm on what we can do to be of help in this situation - for our country, our communities, our family, our church.
- Pray that we can daily receive God’s love, so that it can shine through us in all we do and that we will be witnesses to His goodness and mercy.