Praying for Connections
1 John 4 v. 9-11
“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”
John 13 v. 34-35
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Lord Jesus, you came to earth to connect us back to our Loving Father God.
Thank you that you love us so much that you died for us and took away our sin.
Help us to receive your love, so that we can love others better. During these challenging times all over the world, show us new ways of loving and supporting one another. As we do that may others see something of you.
An update on Connect Groups from Helen
THANK God for...
- All the connections that were already in place before the lockdown making things easier now.
- All the connections across the FBC family, either through Connect Groups, FBC Live, or neighbourhood WhatsApp groups.
- The many ways people are reaching out to their neighbours and communities.
- Creativity for people to connect in new ways, especially those who may have suddenly been cut off from seeing others and may be home alone.
- People needing mental health support to have courage to talk to someone; for families & friends to know how best to support; and for professional help to be available when the system is already stretched.
- Those who have lost their jobs or face an uncertain future, and the strain on them and their families.
- Those in prisons who may no longer have access to key resources or support networks and are now forced into more isolation.
- Agencies and charities making connections across the world and supporting the most vulnerable.
- People’s relationship with and reliance on God to deepen, whether they currently know him or not and that God’s compassion, presence and provision to be evident at this time.
PRAY for our FBC family...
- To keep growing in their desire for deeper connections with God and others, and enough Connect Groups for people to join and invite others to.
- That we may continue to grow as a church in demonstrating loving Jesus, loving each other and the community around us.
- As we move towards coming out of lockdown, for wisdom to adapt in ways that continue to draw people closer to Jesus.
And for ourselves...
- Pray for wisdom and enthusiasm on what we can do to be of help in this situation - for our country, our communities, our family, our church.
- Pray that we can daily receive God’s love, so that it can shine through us in all we do and that we will be witnesses to His goodness and mercy.