Praying For Those Providing Practical and Prayerful Support
Matthew 25 v. 37-40
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’“
James 5 v. 16
“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
Lord Jesus, we praise you that your love is for everyone, everywhere.
Thank you for serving us by sending your Son Jesus and accepting us as we are.
Lord help us all to serve other people as if we were serving you. Thank you that we are righteous, because Jesus has taken our sin and given us His righteousness. Increase our faith, especially as we pray big prayers for provision and healing. May the forgotten ones around the world be cared for as You would desire them to be. And help us also to be answers to our own prayers.
An update from Jac and the Care Teams
THANK God for...
- Local charities and council led organisations where people can get and offer help.
- The number of people across the country who have volunteered to give of their time, money and resources to help those in need, and for the love that is manifested in so many different ways.
- The large team of willing volunteers at FBC;; that we are blessed with the resources to help; that we are trusted by local community groups and they know we will always help where we can.
- The drop in donations that would normally help charities. For generosity and sharing of resources, time and funds.
- Having to learn how to care for those in need and the vulnerable in new ways, when this cannot be done face to face.
- The desire to help others to keep growing as people seek to look out for neighbours and support local agencies, either in practical ways or financially.
- Those in the food chain who are “feeding the country” in one way or another. Protection from the virus, efficiency in putting new strategies in place, and encouragement and solutions as they face new challenges.
- God’s provision, for those in our community & around the world, who are in financial difficulties or whose basic needs are not met. And the people devoted to helping them.
PRAY for our FBC family….
- To be alert to opportunities to offer support but to recognise and accept when we are unable to help; to signpost where appropriate to other organisations but ultimately to place our trust in God and know He is in control.
- To not grow weary - the teams have been running for many years before the corona crisis and will run for many years after it. Sometimes it can feel that we are not making a difference, but small acts of kindness make a big difference to the person on the receiving end!
- For courage - to reach out to our neighbours; to offer support and to share our faith whenever it is appropriate. For encouragement for those who are faithfully praying about many difficult situations.
And for ourselves...
- Pray for wisdom and enthusiasm on what we can do to be of help in this situation - for our country, our communities, our family, our church.
- Pray that we can daily receive God’s love, so that it can shine through us in all we do and that we will be witnesses to His goodness and mercy.